Monday, August 9, 2010

A revisit

It's been such a long time since i come here.. it's like, i will realize that i actually have this blog only once every year.. sad thing right..

Things have been quite 'same' as usual.. less the component of 'aged'.. my current job (ahh yes, still the same one since i graduated) is driving me nuts. The hours that i worked in office each day is.. from 9am - 2am (17 hrs in total, less 1 hr for lunch and 1 hr for dinner = 15 effective hrs/day) (!!!!) 15 hrs !! ok, maybe an hour or 2 less for surfing the net and chatting with colleagues... but still, it's over-excessive??

For the past 1 month or so, it has been like this everyday. I really felt very miserable at work, although there are some people like me.. maybe 2 or 3 colleagues who are also in the same shoes.. maybe they are already 'immuned' to such a life and have given out all hopes to go home early.. but i dun want such a life.. to me, it's like living without a soul.

Work to me, is a dread. The work is actually ok, but the tight deadlines and the amount of work that i have to complete, is alot. If i have reasonable amount of time to finish the work, i won't be so grumpy.. oh well.. this is the life of an auditor.

Bleh.

Sometimes i wish time can U-turn back to the days when i am back in my junior college. I like the time spend there, and if i had not chosen accountancy as my major in NTU.. things wouldn't have turned out like this...

Now, i wonder if i will be able to survive this for another 1 year.. It's really hard for me, but the only thing that is holding me back is the pay. (Actually auditors are quite well-paid compared to other lines.) As the saying goes, "Sometimes you lose, but sometimes you win". There is no free lunch in the world.. Oh well...

I only wish now, to find small joy in the daily things that i do, and be able to fulfull 3 years in my current job..

God bless.

No comments: