Sunday, September 7, 2008

Euthanasia?

Today.. I woke up at 11am.. usually 1st thing in the morning I would flip through the newspapers to see if got any major news.. Today what caught my attention was about a lady who predicted her death to be on 11 Feb 2008 @ 6.15pm.. I was thinking "How could a person predict the day & time of her death"? And it dawned upon me.. possible... Euthanasia... The lady had secondary cancer in her lungs.

Before today, the closest I got to read & understand more about Euthanasia was in JC, when there's a GP essay on Euthanasia.. Today's reading brought me back to the topic... As I read through how the lady lived her life for the last few days, how she arranged her funeral to be (yes), and how her family members coped with her.. It felt so real.. that life is really so vulnerable.. The thing that made me ponder was her mindset.. the reason that she chose euthanasia over living her last few months was that she did not want people saying, 'How sad, that beautiful hair all gone.'.. She feared the condition of worsening and losing control of it..

It brought back to me, that God want everybody to live.. God gave life to every single creation.. He created all things on Earth.. Is it right in his eyes to end a life earlier, or on voluntary reason.. even though the decision came from the victim himself/herself... I really couldn't figure out.. Will I have to come to such a decision in future? And if so, will I choose the same route as this lady here.. I really don't know...

PS: If u want to read more about it, it's in "The Sunday Times, 7 Sept, Pg 29"...

No comments: