Sunday, October 19, 2008

Water Baptism

Yeaaaa!
The day has arrived to proclaim my faith in God, to obey him and to commit to him in all my ways.. Yeshhh! It's our Hope Water Baptism day (19th Oct 2008) @ YWCA Fort Canning Lounge :)

It's my first time there.. I missed the first Water Baptism due to the unsettledness of my heart and my mind wasn't firm.. Compared to this time, I'm so much more assured that I need God, and I want to live in his ways.. to obey and to commit myself to him.. It was a total refreshing experience..

It has been 6mths since I accepted Christ into my life.. Throughout this 6mths, there's been many ups & downs.. Life is and never will be easy, but with God's power & strength, even the impossible will become possible.. This decision to be baptized did not come easy.. I did not want to be baptized just for the sake of it.. There's 2 things that David (1 of our ldrs) prophesized for me during my baptism: (1) To clearly understand my intention to be baptized (2) To grow in capacity in certain aspects (ie. serving/to show love for others etc)

I myself also want to be sure that there's meaning behind the baptism.. Besides fulfilling The Great Commission in Matthew 28:19, I also want to be a step closer to God, to move on and progress from where I am now.. I want to serve him and change to be more like him..

I agree that sometimes when I'm faced with setbacks or become discouraged, I tend to give up easily.. This not only pull me away from God, it also makes me sink deeper and deeper into my own dark world.. It will prevent me from moving ahead, to do great things for people and for God, prevent me from blessing people and to serve others etc etc.. Simply, it pushes me further and further away from God.. I do not want to be pulled away from God.. neither do I want to be stuck at a certain level.. I want to grow, to do things that exceeds what I'm doing currently but yet still within my ability.. I want to surpass myself to do things for God..

Thanks to all who came down to support & encourage me to accept this leap of faith in God.. I totally appreciated it alot.. Totally feel so blessed.. :)

A brother in my CG, Lenny also proclaimed his faith today to God.. :) Hehe.. Cheers! Today I think there was a total of 79 people who took up the decision to commit to God.. Praise the Lord! :) May there be more and more people who trust in the Lord and to commit their lives to him in time to come..

Here comes my favorite praise!!! "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight" - Proverbs 3:5-6 Indeed, his plans are always perfect and he knows what is best for us.. :)

Here's some of the photos taken during the water baptism :)
































No comments: